Thursday, April 12, 2012

Time Travel Thursday

Time travel is so fun, isn't it?  We don't need no stinking special machine or Michael J. Fox!  We only need a few old photos and some memories!

Where shall we go today?
What vintage picture should I pull from the archives of our family's albums?


Since we are honoring my father's EIGHTY FOURTH birthday, let's stroll down memory lane with him. 
Remember to visit this  link to enter into a giveaway!

Here he is circa late 1950s or early 1960s.  He was a mess Sargent--which meant, he managed the food hall.  


looks like a good cup o'joe and a ham sandwich

dad is on the right
Quite handsome fella, wasn't he? No wonder my mom chased him across Germany to keep him.
Here's a picture of him in his paratrooper gear:

Can you imagine carrying around all that stuff 

I love the smile on his face!  He was in his element!

my mom took some really cool pictures.

My father is very proud of his Airbourne wings and here is an example of him coming out of a plane.  He's in this gaggle of parachutes somewhere.  I remember as a little child going to the parade grounds to watch the planes fly over and my dad was one of them jumping out.  It was cool!

WoW! Isn't that amazing!?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...