Saturday, July 9, 2011

How is a girl supposed to blog? AND a sad day today.

Had to make a quick post of these pictures.  That durn Sookie!




The MR helped me install a shelf for her viewing pleasure....

Here he is trying to coax her to stay....a few minutes later....
We'll have to work on this....
One more thing:

On a sadder note....Today we say farewell to a dear Volunteer for my company,(Girl Scouts of Middle TN)  Debbie Hobby has devoted the last 6 years of her life to do good, encourage girls, act as a wonderful role model and create community spirit in her little town of Hartsville TN.  I'd like to pay tribute to her with a small word here.  She's in much less pain then she was, now it's the family and friends turn to grieve.  We'll miss you Debbie, but your spirit will continue on. Her friends in Girl Scouting plan to make a dedication of some kind to her in Hartsville.  She was inspiring!

Have to post this picture from my friend's memorial service.  I was stunned at her loyalty, that she would ask for her Girl Scout table cloth to be on display at her Memorial Service.  Unbelievable.  It makes me feel very humble to have served her for 6 years.


By the way, this year was my first time to ever participate in Relay for Life.  Have you ever?  If not, you need to check into it.  This year I dedicated my efforts to my friend Debbie Hobby, who is mentioned above and lost her fight against cancer on Wednesday.  I relayed for you Debbie! Here are a few picks from Relay for Life in Hendersonville TN this year.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...