Saturday, July 16, 2011

Rainy day cards

This summer has been so much fun for me!  I've started blogging and doing more creative things in my little space.  I've found some wonderful social networking sites like bella creations and the flying unicorn .  My busy time at work starts in the next few weeks, and I'm already hating the idea of being out of touch with the blogs I follow and challenges.  I promised myself to set aside time every week to create and make something beautiful.  Ya'll have to come visit me often in the next few months and remind me to come and play. 

I'll be out of pocket for a few days, but wanted to make sure and get my entries into a few different challenges.  The Flying Unicorn has two challenges I entered.  One is the summer fun splash, featuring water and the color blue.  The other is called....wait for it...
Eensy, wensy, teenie, weenie, yellow polka dotted bikini. 

Thank goodness we didn't have to send in a picture of ourselves in a bikini.  We've already had a discussion about my girlish figure and my love of sweets.  And as much as my cute hubby would like, I will NOT be modeling an eensy, weensy, teenie, weenie, yellow polka dotted bikini!    Instead, we only had to include  polka dots in our work...whew!  So, here you go: 


Thanks to Maggi at Lotsa Scrap  for the yummy Charlie Chaplin images(at least that's what I call him).  I won a RAK from her blog a little while back and have been chomping at the bit to fit this fella into something.  Perfect challenge for the dapper gentleman!

Here are a couple of up close images.















These aren't perfect, but it doesn't matter, right?  It's therapeutic, I'm sure you would all agree!

The rest of the set included a couple of cute children's images. 
Remember when you were a child and you could play in the rain without worries?  Mussing your hair, messing your clothes and who cared if your socks were wet.  It all added to the wonderful carefree experience of jumping in the puddles. 

Since this Flying Unicorn challenge asked me to incorporate water and the color blue....I wanted to tie in the rain theme with the gents above and found this freaking adorable graphics at Graphics Fairy Blogspot
I adore this card.....

notice the splashes...this came from a stamp set with a WHALE and his spout .  perfect here!



I am so proud of how I handled the puddles the children are jumping in.  I used a Tim Holtz distressed stamp circles and used the Stayz on Ink.  I added some silver stickles to the circles to represent water. 



How about this little girl card....oh my...is she adorable!? She's supposed to look as if she got caught in a little "pop up" summer shower--very popular her in Tennessee.  These kinda showers come around, just long enough to make everything hot and sticky! 

I want you to take a moment and enjoy the little umbrella.  This is a beach umbrella stamp, I turned it upside down and colored it in with a sharpie. I'm so proud of my resourcefullness. 


I added layers of the simple flower to try and add dimension...Look at my polka dotted clouds!  Got those from a RAK from the Flying Unicorn!

I'm in love with these cards....Now...who should I give them to? 

Before I end this post, I want to share with you my sister's polka dotted dog.  Noah, he's scared of storms and gets really frantic at times.  Here he is smiling at the camera, after one of his frantic moments. Poor old man dog!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...