Monday, May 26, 2014

Whoo's wishing you a Happy Birthday

Happy Memorial Day bloggy friends.  While you're BBQing today please take a minute to remember Memorial Day is to honor our soldiers who were killed in action.  Check out a link at the end of this blog for a soldiers memorial that is very dear to my heart.

This card is a little owl-y card made for a friend who loves owls.  I dressed him up for the occasion with a party hat and bow tie.

.  Cause everyone needs a bow tie, right?  

Here I am way back in 1983 with my very own bow tie--
I wore a lot of them back then. I thought it was hip.


This cool challenge blog: Sisterhood of the Snarky Stampers has this challenge open for 4 more days.  Go check it out and add your entry.  
Although this card turned out super cute, it started out as a cheap pack of $1 cards from Michaels.  After I bought them and opened the pack up I thought, "what the heck am I going to do with this?"
But. I flipped it over and added some sequins and it turned out pretty cute!

I'm entering this cute card into the color challenge at Color Throwdown Challenge Blog
you can see a tiny bit of the blue in right corner.

And finally, this cute transformed cheap card is entered into the challenge at Shopping Our Stash  
where they are celebrating their birthday with a birthday challenge.  



Here's an interesting(to me) website that talks about some of our soldiers. NSDQ
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...