Sunday, August 7, 2011

Orange you glad I used Tsukineko Walnut Ink?

The Summer of Color Challenge is almost over and I'm very sad to see it go.  Additionally, my Fridays off for the summer have come to a conclusion...wonder why I'm in such a funk?  Could it be the two coincide and make a person sad.  (weep).

It has been such a fun time following the Summer of Color, seeing the work and visiting the blogs.  Check out the  blog yourself, here.  This week I need to work on my card stash and decided orange would do just fine, if I could figure out how to make it work without looking Halloween.  Not that that's a bad thing. (Jerry Seinfeld saying)

Since it has become my custom to share with you some family pictures, let's take a little stroll down memory lane.  Here's my mom sporting my most favorite dress of hers.  She looks hot, even after having 6 kids.  Looks like this picture was taken when my baby sister was around 2.  Way to go Mom--you look marvelous!
baby sister, Nancy in the high chair, Margie peeking out from Mom(the ham always). Patsy frowning in the background.

I love my mother's hair in this photo, it reminds me of Saturday afternoons when my mother would do her hair for Sunday church.  Ya'll remember those days right?  My mother would put big curlers in her hair and then  put a hair dryer on to set the curls. That usually signaled nap time for us, she would settled us in front of the tv, with Lawrence Welk, of all people.  Then on went her hair dryer and we would all settle in to watch the tv and  nap.  

This was a moment of rest for her too, she was always asleep when we woke up. As a little child I can remember thinking how strange it was to see my mother sleeping.  She was/is a whirlwind of activity, that's is unnatural to see her quiet.  As an adult I think back on those Saturday afternoons and imagine her enjoying the nice warm hair dryer on her wet head and how it relaxed her.  Check out this favorite of my sister Kathy.  You haven't met her yet:

baby Kathy drying her hair


On to the cards...let's see what we've got this week.
set of four cards
Last month, I won from a Bella Creations Viola Ink Group. (yay me!!) a set of Tim Holtz stamps.   I bought some Walnut ink for another challenge on the Viola Ink Group on Bella Creations  and added it to the paper.  But, first I used Versa Ink with  Tim Holtz butterflies stamps.   I added a little bit of black netting and a button.  Some stickles gold to add some accents.
Inside of this card says:
I loved the layering I did with the inside of this card.  I ended  up enjoying the orange on this card.





This card has a little saying on it that says, "When I want to see love defined I look at you.  It gets a little lost in the walnut ink of this paper.  Lesson learned.


Sookie gives her approval of this card.  Of course she was very interested in the round button.







Puhlease let me play with the button!


The last two cards I haven't added an inside sentiment, but here are the fronts:

This one I love the straight lines and the the soft roses and fun buttons.  The "dream" sentiment was a fun little accident.  I am crazy about it!

dream about life....


This was my second attempt to use embossing powder, I can tell I need some more practice.

Hope you all have a fun week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...