Monday, March 24, 2014

Character development


Way back at the turn of the century
Hell yay,
Turn of the century.
Seems like eons ago.
I remember staying up on NYE 1999 to party like it was 1999(old Prince song). Now...I party with my teenage daughter as much as a mom can party. But...party we did--right into the new century.



I found this blog challenge that is called Child's Play Challenges, where they use iconic childhood toys as inspiration.  The latest challenges encouraged participants to use pipe cleaners(chenille sticks for today's crafters) and I just happened to have these really cute pipe cleaner flowers in my stash collection.  My friends at Craft Hoarders Anonymous would be so proud.  I added some rhinestone brads in the middle of each flower, the picture doesn't do it justice.  

If you're like me and you have 20+ years of photos in a box and need a little inspiration, follow the link to some of these blogs(and many more)  There is so much inspiration for you-go check it out!

I played along with this sketch Creative Scrappers Blog  and this color themed blog, Creating with Paper and More


If you're quick you can still play along!  This was a great way to use some scraps which followed along with the guidelines from this challenge blog:  Lasting Memories Scrapbook Layout Challenges
There's 10 different scraps in this image.
Within the scraps is a card front I made and didn't use. See the yellow layer? I used a template and modeling paste for the "white" part of the image, but before I added the stencil I used water and distress stains to color the  white card stock--which follows along with the challenge over at S.W.A.T. blog: mixed media!
cool layers of scraps
I know you're in awe of my abilities.
I know you are.
go on
admit it.

go on

admit
it.

Well shucks, you've gone and hurt my feelings by not admitting my awesomeness. I guess that means you better leave a real nice comment below to make up for it.

Attached to one of the pipe cleaner flowers if a die cut tea cup with a star and a key-that reads JOY-!



And finally because we sparkle, I added some sequins and wood veneer stars along the photo edge.  The challenge blog Craft Hoarders Anonymous asked me to show off my stashed glitz and sequins certainly fall into that category. I have sequins hoarded from as far back as 1980s..
no judgement people.

Thanks for stopping by for some Puddin N Pie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...