Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Far, Far Away

Hi dear bloggy friends,
before we get into this layout, take a moment and feast your eyes on the sweet girl in the photo.
My mom, the cutest woman on the planet, is age 15 here.
She grew up in Germany and I thought this paper was so appropriate for this image and this layout.  When she and I visited Germany back in 1981(when I was close to 15) we visited the iconic castle, Neuschwanstein 



For this layout I'm linking up to Craft Hoarders Anonymous for a vintage style layout. The question was asked during the challenge, "...what type of vintage things to do you hoard or snag at yard sales?"  Keep reading to find out....
Join along at Craft Hoarders, you have plenty of time to enter.

Along with hoarding I also am linking to a color challenge at Color Me Scrappy  Challenge Blog. You can link your projects there to, click the link and play along.

This one picture shows just about every color in the challenge.  Hardest for me was finding the grayish blue color.  For hoarding, I go straight to piles of books, magazines, paper products to find some great buys at yard sales.  At the top left of this photo you can barely see a remnant of a black and gold piece of paper and a torn book page, additionally I look for lace. OH MY GOSH, at an estate sale I hit the mother load of vintage lace and seam binding! I felt a little creeped out going through this woman's stash, but reminded myself that she would want a lover of lace to have her leftover.   Right?  

And, again, my awesome-ness is evident in the imaging I created without even meaning to!  Check out how the background paper has a castle in it and the torn book page with the woman on a horse has a castle in it to.  I almost forgot how awesome I was and then I saw this in the camera lens. 

There are so many little treasures on the page, including stamps from a penpal in Kenya way back in the 1990s. All my craft hoarding friends can so identify with how hard it was for me to glue these stamps to this page. For goodness sake, I've been holding onto them since 1994 or so!  The medalion is from a thrift store in Ohio, I paid maybe $2 for a bag full of St. Christopher pendants and other Catholic saints.  I'm not catholic but had to have them!  


I"m linking up to these challenge blogs too, check em out and tell them Puddin N Pie sent you!

Rochelle Spears Tic Tac Toe challenge


I used birds, clouds and canvas

Stuck Sketches Blogspot

I'm so proud of my use of the Catholic Mother Mary heart shaped medallion

Scrap Our Stash Stash-athon Challenge #1, layering. Lots and lots and lots of layering.
and finally, Anything but a card Challenge Blog "Sparkle" because my mom sparkles and taught me how to sparkle in my life too! Check out this posting about my mom!


Thanks for stopping by for some Puddin N Pie!



















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...