Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Time Travel Thursday 8-2-12

Let's travel back to 1960....shall we?
My mom was 27, dad was 30.  It was the summer and they were just a young couple with a toddler and one on the way, hanging at the creek.

I used a movie theme....wait for it....
...
...
...
...
Some Like it Hot with Marilyn Monroe and Tony Curtis. But, here, my mom and dad are the stars!
LOOK at the viewfinder reel.  I was so excited to use that there.

 Marlyn Monroe starred in this movie and some of her quotes were GREAT. This photo is blurry on the "Some" on purpose I want you to see the quotation. "I don't care how rich he is, as long as he has a yacht, his own private railroad car and his own toothpaste."
Me, I settled for the his own toothpaste.  Dental hygiene is very important.

I love to look at pictures of my mom and pop when they were in their early years.  It reminds me that everyone grows, learns, has hardships and successes.  I know...deep man.
The frames were cut with my Cricut then I added crackle paint and the edges curled up. Neato man!
Sookie was tuckered out helping me with this layout.

aww, to be a cat...18 hours of sleep a day is necessary.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...