Saturday, July 16, 2011

A little Asian inspired soap opera

This summer I've had such a fun time experimenting and learning new techniques, not to mention visiting other blog sites and seeing all the talented people in the world.  Kristen at Twinkle, Twinkle like a star is hosting a summer of color challenge....omg, such fun. 

I was excited for red this week, because I've had this idea percolating in my head, just waiting for a chance to try it.  I ran across these at the local Goodwill store (thrift) and had to have them.  Does anyone have any idea what they are? 

No matter, I'm going to have fun with them.  These are the kinds of images that I'm squirreling away for just the right moment. 

Ya'll know what I mean, you have those items in your stash too!  I almost sent a few of these images to my Mystery envelope swap hosted by the Altered Paper blog, but I just couldn't let go of these delights just yet.

Anyone know what this is?  I don't?!








They look like cards, but they are really small. 


The pictures seem so melodramatic, as if they are depicting soap opera themes.   Soooo, that's what I created.  Don't laugh, ya'll.  I just wanted to break outta the mold and have some fun.




This is my first time making an ATC, and how fun they were!  I don't feel that these are complete just yet.  I'd love to add some more details.  Have you ever visited this blog,  Artfully Musing by Laura Carson ?  Laura is so inspiring with her masterful ways at layering, working in mixed medias and her tutorials are fabulous. 


These are the individual ATCs.  I thought it would be funny to put "western" names on the Asian faces and then add soap opera themed comments. 



I'm chuckling as I post these.  They were fun and out of my box.
We can't end a post without a peek at Sookie Horn, which, by the way, if you're a True Blood follower, on HBO, then you'll know that the character Sookie was just revealed to be a fairy!  Now, we have a fairy cat...yay!
Her view as she sits with me while I create stuff.....
Sookie cam as I create Asian soap operas! haha
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...