Friday, January 13, 2012

It's 2012 ya'll!

OK
Tell me the truth
During the first month of a new year, don't you have to tell yourself that's it's the new year.
You get the priviledge of hearing my thoughts
"It's 20-12"
2
0
1
2
"don't forget to write 2012..."
Last week I was filling out my expense report for December and kept reminding myself...
"It's 2012, make sure to put December 2012!!"
I even went back and fixed where I still typed December 2011. 





Facepalm..December WAS 2011.  I had to go back and change all the dates...silly me.

The Marie Antionette Tag is one I created for Tag of the Month Swap at The Altered Paper . Go check it out and join in the fun.  At the end of the year I'll have 12 tags from 12 different artists.  The Marie tag was a white patterened paper that I used Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Distressed STAINS, not inks.  (these are new to me) Oh so much fun!
I used a punch/embosser on the corners, added some bling and DONE.

I also swapped with another blogger this tag
I used Distressed ink to color this paper.  Then I stamped some evergreens in the "background."  Added a couple of tickets, plus a snowman and some self made pine trees. 
oh, oh, let me tell you something I did really neat.
I used the Martha Stewart snowflake border punch. (I have a hard time with that punch, does anyone have any suggestions on how to make a punch not be so "sticky")
I punched a border on some scrap paper and gathered the punched snowflakes.  I then added stickles to the snowflakes.  Once dry, I glued the snowflakes randomly on the tag. 

I need to say thank you to Tina at Beansiebabbles blog and Donna at Red Apple Junction Blog for taking the pictures of my tags. I forgot to take pictures prior to sending!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...