Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Father knows best or does he....and it's a tiara tuesday

Hello Bloggy Friends!
Today is Tiara Tuesday and here's that picture for the week!
Remember to come back every Tuesday to enjoy seeing me in a tiara.
That's right. me.
I'm tinkering with making my tiara tuesday's a linky party. What do you think?

On to the "Father knows best" layout.
boring compared to the cute couple in the picture above.
it's hard to be humble when you have dimples like that
or when you're german.
just saying....

I'm playing along at Stuck?! Sketch Challenge Blog They have some great inspirational sketches 2x a month.  The design team is diverse and each challenge has a winner!  Get in the action this month-you have 8 days until this challenge closes.
Here's my interpretation of the sketch.
I wanted a more masculine layout, so instead of flowers and flourishes I used clock hands and mustaches.
Are you swooning over the wood veneer mustache like I am?  Sit down and put your head between your knees, that'll make you feel better.



I'm also entering into the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog to help me with my addiction problems.
Hoarding. my drug of choice.
With the craft Hoarders challenge we are to use some of our stash and to use this photo as inspiration for any project.  (join along with them, the challenge ends on March 2nd. That's plenty of time for you to get your groove on.


I love my papers, the smell, the feel, the cute designs.
Oh my!
Check out the background paper with bugs and moths. I've had that stack of paper for 2 years. It's so hard to say goodbye.


this bull's eye paper, I won from another challenge blog 2 1/2 years ago.  I had to break out the smelling salts as I cut into that beauty.
The mustache is a new member to my hoard collection-but I am determined to use them.
What's the use of buying on trend if you don't use the items when they are trendy?


And finally, in tribute we need to take a moment and enjoy this photo of my pops.
Taken in the past few years he's resting after mowing the lawn. (At 80+ he still push mows the 1 acre lot, although last year we talked him into buying a riding mower)
Pure sassiness in his sideways hat and WWII era tattoos.
I get all sentimental looking past the man to the background which shows the swing we've always had at our home and the soon-to-blossom lilac bushes that have been a staple in our yard since the 1960s.


Thanks for stopping by for some Puddin N Pie!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...