Wednesday, February 12, 2014

FUNeral, ever heard of one?


I wanted to share this with my bloggy friends, I find hope and inspiration from you all.  Please click the link and learn about the FUNeral for a friend.  What is a FUNeral? Go find out.  For the record, if I knew I was leaving this planet, I would throw a FUNeral for myself.
 period.
 party on dude.
FUNeral for Misty DeBlaio



Special Message from Her Daughter Rena 

There were many times to be sad.

Sad when in December of 2013 I laid next to my momma as she broke down in tears and whispered to me, “I’m trying to fight this thing, believe me, I am, but I think it’s winning this time, and I want to be there to see you happy and to watch your kids grow up, and I don’t understand WHY me!? I’m not ready to go yet.”

There were many times to be pissed off. 

Pissed off when no matter how many endless rounds of chemotherapy her body endured, every new scan said the same thing, “it’s growing… there’s more… it’s now over here too… oh and did I mention you have MRSA and a kidney stone now… blah blah blah.”
But this isn’t about those times.

Because those times don’t define my momma. And they don’t define her life.

When I reflect on my momma’s life, her strength, her faith, her unique “misty-ness” that resides within myself and within all of the people she touches throughout her life, well, excuse my bluntness, but those sad and pissed off times don’t stand a chance in hell.


THIS is a time to celebrate! A time to applaud the fierce woman who stands grounded in faith and armed with undying love and strength against anything thrown her way – whether it be giving birth to a nine pound baby girl without an epidural (sorry mom!) or battling triple negative breast cancer for the past two and a half years.

The woman who keeps you laughing until it physically hurts every inch of your body to laugh anymore, but you still keep laughing.  The woman who empowers and inspires anyone around her – whether it be a random waitress or a friend of 20 years – we’ve all been touched by her infectious spirit, and honestly, we can’t get enough.

The woman who, no matter what time it is, will always be willing to grab lunch with you at SOHO café…seriously, always.

THIS is about celebrating my momma’s life and I need your help.

To have this celebration, I am asking, begging, and pleading for financial support from all of you to help me and my family:

Throw an out-of-this-world FUNeral for my mom to celebrate with 400-500 of her closest friends in less than a month!!

Fly in family from out-of-town for this celebration

Cover the costs of mounting medical bills

Help pre-pay the cost of funeral bills

We have a big goal here and I have NO doubt we can do it. I need your help – not only in donating what you can (ANYTHING HELPS!) but also in spreading the word and sharing this fundraiser with as many people as you can – through social media, around your work, around the community, just share! Please help make this night incredibly special for my momma. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...