Saturday, September 10, 2011

Encouraging Words Magnet Swap

Happy Saturday Blog Friends! 
Today I have a moment to sit and catch up on the wonderful blogs I follow and also to do a litte posting too.  This time of year is the busiest time of year for me. I'm visiting local schools, hosting Girl Scout events in the park, making radio appearances and generally keeping busy as a bee.  Check out some of these cute shots.....


come and play with me!

I know their moms are proud!


aren't these the cutiest faces!
Thank goodness for a patient hubby that doesn't mind making dinner and handling household chores, while I rustling up some Girl Scouts!  Thank you Mr. Horn....
our wedding day...only a few years back!



If you're a Girl Scout Alumnae(or former Brownie) remember that 2012 we are celebrating 100 years of Girl Scouting.  You can find out about some upcoming events by visiting your local Girl Scout councils website, go to Girl Scouts USA website to find out more.  If you'd like, leave me a comment about your favorite Girl Scout memory.  I love to hear your stories.

This week I participated in a swap with the very talented artists at Gingersnap Creations.  I had to make 4 magnets with encouraging phrases and then I'll get in return 4 magnets from different artists.  **excited** 
I'm very happy with the final look of these magnets and may reproduce them in the future. 
Believe good things will happen to you!
Somebody's gonna do it, why not YOU?
                                               
Be confident and proud
dream big dreams, have big ideas













My favortie is the  birdbath stamped image with the words, "Dream big dreams, have big ideas"  Don't we all need to think like that?  Here's a close up where you can see the glossy accents I added to give some dimension to the magnet.(A suggestion from the MR.)

These were magnetic frames from Michaels that cost me a whole whopping $1.49!  First I printed out on regular copy paper the phrases and cut them to fit the frame.  I added Adirondack Alcohol Inks to the frames, let that dry and then slid the copy paper in to the frames.  After that I figured out where I would place the stamps.  After I was all done, I just felt like something else needed to happen.  I pulled the paper with the phrases out of the frames and added distressed ink around the edges in Black Soot.  These pictures were taken before I added the distressed ink.  Take my word for it, adding the distressed inks around the edges really gave the magnet another dimension. 

I love working with the alcohol inks--I need to buy some in all the different colors.  Sookie isn't too fond of them, I guess her little sniffer can really pick up the chemicals from the blending solution and her eyes get all squinted when she smells the bottle. Why is she sniffing the bottle you ask?  Because that's what cats do. 

ready to sniff whatever is on the work table
                                   


After a few too many sniffs, the kitten is ready to party!  She even puts silly things on her head!  Sookie, you are now limited to a one sniff limit. 


Have a wonderful weekend people! Take a moment to remember 9/11 and those that serve our country.  Hugs and kitten kisses,
G
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...