Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hold on Sunday, I ain't ready for Monday

It's Sunday! That means only a few short hours and it will be Monday and back to work. Durn.....so hold on Sunday...I ain't ready for Monday!

It's February 5th and the weather has been so warm, that the flowers are already blooming.  I chose this vintage picture of my mom with 2 of her little girls and her lovely flower garden.   In the picture with my mother, is the baby in the family, Nancy.  She has this gorgeous red hair that every girl would die for...Sitting next to my mom is my twinny, Jaymie.

How can I tell?
With close examination, with a magnifying glass, I can see that this little blonde doesn't have my signature dimples.


No really, that's the only way we could tell each other apart in old photos.
Let's pause for just a mom to enjoy the shadow of my mother on the door.  Isn't that yumminess?

Below is a close up of the dimples in action.

dimples in action.  don't hate....I can't help that I'm so freaking cute

Notice the pile of girls on my poor dad!  My parents still live in this home where they raised 6 girls.
Every Spring Mom takes everything down from the knotty pine walls and dusts, the walls, books, knick knacks and photos. It's a big job, she used to make us girls do it and we hated it.  Who wants to dust? I hate dusting today...did too much of it when I was a kid. 


In honor of Super Bowl Sunday and the great commercials that go along with it, here is one of my all time favorite commercials. Sookie, the kitten, can't wait for her thumbs!



By the way, the giveaway went so well in honor of my mom's birthday...so watch for a similar giveaway come April in honor of my pops!  He'll be 84, April 3rd.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...